Greyhound Homer

finding forever homes in Suffolk and North Essex
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Post subject: FOUND AND REUNITED... thankfully!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:45 am 
 WWW  Profile

Attachment:
the three runaways.jpg
the three runaways.jpg [ 97.16 KiB | Viewed 3221 times ]

Had an unexpected visit from these three lovely boys at our office today next to Chantry Park this morning. They had been in the dog enclosure on the park when the gate swung open (presumably it hadn't been properly latched) in the wind and one of them caught sight of Martha (the office lab) who was being walked by a colleague. He decided he wanted to play so ran out of the gate, closely followed by the other two. Martha had recently been attacked by a loose dog on the park and understandably decided to hightail it back to the office (on London Road), with three greys in hot pursuit. Our colleague who was walking Martha was nowhere to be seen as she was distraught, still hunting for her in the park. Meanwhile Martha was safe inside and everyone was wondering what to do with three very tired looking greys. So Si and I stepped in to take them back to the park to try and find their mum, who we knew also had a fawn grey with her.

Fortunately there are always plenty of spare leads hanging around at work, so we got them all on secure (one had lost his collar) and walked back towards the enclosure. They walked beautifully. But no-one was there, so we continued towards the Sue Ryder home and eventually, in the distance, we saw a lady with a fawn grey. She was waving, so we knew we'd found their mum.

She was so relieved to see her babies again. She said they had recently moved here from London and didn't know anybody. Her husband would normally have been with her, but he was in hospital today and she really didn't want to ring him to say she'd lost three of their lovely hounds! But all's well that ends well...

I have to say, they were beautiful dogs, so well behaved and a credit to their owner. We were approached by a number of off lead dogs of various sizes (and hairiness) and they were very good. Of course, they may have just been too tired to be bothered... :wink:

Many thanks to Kevin for his help with trying to trace them through their ear tattoos. Luckily they were reunited without needing them... :)

If their mum finds this (sorry but we didn't get her name, but I told her about Greyhound Homer), I'm glad we were able to help and please do join the forum and come along to one of our greyhound walks! The more the merrier...

At the beck and call of Dudley (Cagey Dougie), big black boy, DoB 1 Feb 2005 and Jill (Bloomfield Jill) DoB 10 Sep 2011, Dudley's new companion after the sad loss of Snowy in Jan 2017

Post subject: Re: FOUND AND REUNITED... thankfully!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:26 pm 

What a lovely story and well done to you and Si for stepping in.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 pm 

Great tale - and so nice to have a happy ending :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:52 am 

Thank goodness everything worked out well!

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:14 pm 

Oh how lovely to hear a happy ending, its a good job you where there, otherwise it could have been such a different story, Well Done :D :D :D

amanda & maddie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:34 pm 

Very nice that they were reunited. I'm so jealous that you can bring your dogs to work!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:55 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Cee wrote:
Very nice that they were reunited. I'm so jealous that you can bring your dogs to work!

I wish we could! No, the dog that they wanted to play with (Martha) belongs to one of the bosses and she was being walked by one of our colleagues, as she is every day...

At the beck and call of Dudley (Cagey Dougie), big black boy, DoB 1 Feb 2005 and Jill (Bloomfield Jill) DoB 10 Sep 2011, Dudley's new companion after the sad loss of Snowy in Jan 2017

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:38 am 

Oh, OK. It would be perfect to be able to bring dogs to work.