Greyhound Homer

finding forever homes in Suffolk and North Essex
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:25 pm

Post subject: Super Vet on TV
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:37 pm 

Hi

Did anyone else see the episode of Super Vet at lunchtime today :?:

If you are unfamiliar with the programme, this Vet is unbelievable in what he can fix, he is so deciated and clever, and infact some of his surgery is leading the way for humans amputee, where he puts implants actually into the bone and they act like you have never lost that limb :!: (he had a lovely puppy Spaniel who lost her front paw in a lawn mower :shock: )

This episode he had a lovely black greyhound visit him who had pain in her neck and shoulder. Her owners noticed her limping and just feeling under the weather, would you believe he went out of his surgery and got his tooth brush and tooth paste, and scrubbed her front paws and to everyones amazement the toothpaste acted like a cleaning agent and showed on her black pads, with patches of white circles where corns were :? It was so funny as this guy uses such pioneering and cut edge techniques that a simple tube of toothpaste and his toothbrush showed the lovely greyhounds problem.

It ended up with a happy ending and she had surgery to remove two corns and she was running around a couple of weeks later :!:

Thought I would share it with you all, I just use vaseline and a sock on Maddies, and shorter walks for a couple of weeks, that seems to help, but unfortunately doesn't cure completely but nevertheless better than surgery 8)

Amanda & Maddie

Post subject: Re: Super Vet on TV
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:05 am 

I saw that programme when it first came out - like you say, amazing that he uses all this high-tec stuff but could still find a corn using toothpaste! The man is a modern-day miracle, some of the procedures he does are amazing and almost all have a happy ending :)