Greyhound Homer

finding forever homes in Suffolk and North Essex
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:21 pm

Post subject: Levriers in Distress - France
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:41 am 

Hi

As some of you may be aware, my family including Maddie moved to France with my husband's job nearly 2 years ago now and you may have read all our problems with our Maddie :( Maddie is holding her own at the moment, but the years are not kind to her and we have noticed with the Cushings plus arthritis she has slowed really down to a snails pace but she is still with us and not in any pain which is our biggest concern.

Anyhow, whilst here I have been trying to keep busy and had read in the Greyhound homer Magazine an interesting article. I had heard on the grape vine that Greyhound homer was branching out into France. So with the details featured in the Magazine, I contacted them recently and have been chatting to a lovely lady called Catherine who tells me that they have kennels about 2 hours out of Paris. My intianal thoughts was to see if I could help out in anyway as I have loads of time on my hands, but unfortunately its a long drive from here. I asked perhaps if they organised walks etc but at the moment I think they are fairly new, plus my french conversation is not up to chatting, unless its" Can I have 2 baguettes, please" :lol:

So the thing I thought of was really to spread the word and good work that the organisation does, therefore I thought I would post the web site here, its something I could actually do, so here it is. Obviously it is funds they are looking for, but most of all Forever homes for their dogs, :D :D :D

http://www.levriers-en-detresse.org/

Greyhounds I feel are a minority here, and I often get people come to speak to me or even take photos of Maddie who are amazed by the breed, at their disposition and kindness, and striking appearance.

So have a look, you might have to open it in google Chrome to convert it into English, unless you are really good at French 8) Also Levriers is French for Greyhound and it took us nearly a year to work that one out, as Google translate, doesn't always recognise the word :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amanda & Maddie