Greyhound Homer

finding forever homes in Suffolk and North Essex
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:34 am

Post subject: Re: Biby has landed!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:46 pm 

Thanks for all of your info. Our vet gave Biby an MOT today and gave nick some tick pickers, they're O'Tom. Luckily the front line did its job and killed them. She's now tick free. Thank goodness.

She passed her MOT but was given an injection as he thinks she may have arthritis. She stumbled twice at the vets. When we picked her up her legs were all over the place, like they weren't connected to her body. I wonder if they belong to the greyhound who she stole her teeth from! :lol: She only has half a tail so I wonder if she traded some bits in in the past!

He doesn't think it's neurological and he actually thinks she's just a clumsy greyhound!

After 3 days she seems to have settled a treat. She's a good girl and no wee's last night. She's not keen on the raised beds, she prefers the carpet or a flat mat. Possibly because they're like trampolines and it must feel weird after laying on a wooden bed.

I haven't told her yet but she will be having a bath this weekend. Hopefully that will get the yellow staining from her previous flea treatment off her and after a good brushing, no doubt she will look as good as new and smell lovely.

I'll get some pictures of her and post them later.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:45 pm 

Congratulations on your new addition and good for you taking another oldie. Now I am just waiting very impatiently for some photos of the gorgeous girl.
Good Luck with the move.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:05 pm 

Belated congratulations Hannah and Nick on homing Biby - so delighted you have taken on another dear oldie girl and she sounds lovely - especially since you got rid of the ticks :) she must be so grateful for that. I have a soft spot for the older greys too, and adored our old Mick, bless him. We had him till 14.5 so hope Biby has lots of a wonderful new life yet to enjoy with you all xxxxxx