Greyhound Homer

finding forever homes in Suffolk and North Essex
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Post subject: Recipes..
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:07 pm 

Is it possible to have a receipe section please? Many people ask for receipes and it will save looking through various new and old posts :-). It could be good for houndies who aren't well and a little off their food to tempt them back or little treats.

I've just seen one on Facebook that doesn't involve cooking so I'm going to give it a go tomorrow.

3 ripe bananas
32 ounces of plain yoghurt
1 cup of peanut butter

Blend, poor mixture in to ice trays. In a few hours you'll have a nice cool treat for your hound :-)

I may give it a taster check too :-)

Post subject: Re: Recipes..
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:33 am 

Do you freeze this or just put in the main part of a fridge?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:00 am 

Mmm, that sounds delicious - wouldn't mind some of that myself :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 am 

Good point, I just assumed you'd pop it in the freezer. I'll try it later and let you know.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:56 pm 

Here's a link so some the things that I made to tempt Lou's appetite when shd was desperately ill...

http://indigodream.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... l-recipes/

Hope you find them helpful :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:20 pm 

Brill, thanks Sue!

I read the comment from Kath at the bottom 'I can't believe I've just sat and read all of these receipes, I don't even have a dog'!! That really made me laugh out loud. The question is... Did she try them out on her husband!

I was potting out my seedlings last night and I noticed that my baby strawberry plants from last year haven't produced much fruit this year. Thinking they may need a good feed, I carried on watering the salad, when I turned around, Rambo had his head in the pots searching for strawberries and he was picking them off and eating them! No wonder I haven't seen much in them. I tried a firm no, but I failed as it doesn't carry so much weight when you're laughing :lol: getting him to try them is one thing, picking them in front of him and feeding them to him, what should I have expected!! He's a smart boy :-) he probably thought he was saving me the trouble of picking them for him :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:02 pm 

I can confirm that the Peanut ice cream is a huge hit with both Lexi and the family,

We went for a long walk yesterday and it was hot so when I came back i gave Lexi (and me) some of the ice cream, unfortunately I put it in long trays and had to cut it into slabs (the next lot goes into yogurt pots)and had to hold Lexis in a sock whilst she took for ever licking the treat.

So thumbs and paws up from here :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:20 pm 

It was going to be a boring tea for them tonight as no left overs,no meat or fish. I popped 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt in, some water and a little bit of peanut in, mushed it in with their biscuits. I have to say it looked awful but it was scoffed straightaway and once they'd finished they kept going back to see if there was anymore. It obviously tasted better than it looked :-)