Greyhound Homer

finding forever homes in Suffolk and North Essex
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Post subject: Ralphie's harness
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:56 pm 

While Magic is a little angel on the lead (mostly :D ) Ralphie is 38kgs of very enthusiastic boy who just wants to be in front and rush up to say Hi to all his friends all of the time. This is manageable (if a bit annoying) most times, but I have recently broken my shoulder (definitely NOT to be recommended :( ) so hanging on to the 2 of them now is not so easy!

So we decided to get him a harness. Did a bit of research and most people suggested the type where you clip the lead onto the front of the chest was the best one to stop a dog pulling. So I duly ordered said harness and tried it out. The effect was instantaneous! It was amazing , Ralphie immediately walked quietly by my side with no pulling at all! Couldn’t believe how effective it was - the only downside being that Ralphie lost some of his joie de vivre on the walk :( so we don’t use it all the time.........bless him!

Anyway, we then did a couple of experiments. First we clipped his lead to the harness in middle of his back and the result was the same – no pulling. Then we clipped his lead to his normal collar but whilst he was still wearing the harness.........same result, no pulling! But the instant you take his harness off he’s back in the front at the end of his lead! So all he has to do is literally just wear his harness (as a fashion item!) and he behaves!

So that’s the story of Ralphie and his harness! ( And it is also a very nice teal colour and he looks very handsome in it whatever :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Post subject: Re: Ralphie's harness
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:39 am 

That is so funny :D We had a harness for Kenzo when we first got her, not because she was particularly strong, she just "wandered" a lot while on the lead. I used it for about a month with her - hers was one where you clipped the lead onto the top of the harness (on her back) and it was the best money I ever spent. Since then it's been out on load to several people who have all had similar success with it.